Baltimore, MD 21218 US
A program preparing students with special needs for a Maryland High School Diploma or a Maryland High School Certificate of Program Completion has an immediate career opportunity for Classroom Assistants to work one-on-one with students. The Classroom Assistant supports teachers with the adaptation of instruction to meet the academic, medical, developmental, and technological needs of students by assisting with classroom preparation, organization, instruction, and behavior management throughout the school day. The program supports students ages six through twenty-one, in grades one through twelve.
- Complete instructional related duties including preparing, organizing, and utilizing materials to develop skills in academic and behavioral areas for all students.
- Assist with data collection, record-keeping, scoring and grading, and all essential classroom paperwork as directed.
- Carry out instructional programs for all students in accordance with the IEP.
- Follow classroom routines as outlined by the teacher.
- Attend and actively participate in general staff meetings, in-service training, team, and classroom meetings.
- Implement all protocols, behavioral plans, and crisis procedures according to trained procedures.
- Maintain a safe environment for students and staff, utilizing safe and effective behavior management strategies.
- Assist with the implementation of technology in instructional design and delivery.
- Assist teacher with case management duties, when directed, by consulting with Academic Case Manager, Clinical Case Manager, and Behavior Support Staff to provide consistent programming for students.
- Provide Academic Case Manager detailed information reflecting significant events of each day.
- Assist teachers in maintaining a clean, orderly environment conducive to learning.