East Case, MD 21202 US
Oversees the purchasing and supplier selection and performance processes. Scope includes procurement for Facilities, Information Technology, Construction, textbooks, office supplies, equipment and furniture by City Schools.
- Supervises purchasing agents and buyers engaged in purchasing commodities and services.
- Reviews and authors purchasing specifications and contracts for commodities.
- Evaluates and recommends the award of bids to contractors by assigning, reviewing and evaluating and recommending the award of bids to contractors.
- Assigns reviews and evaluates work performance; disciplines subordinates, as necessary. Trains staff in writing contracts and specifications and in purchasing commodities and services.
- Interviews vendors to obtain information concerning product, price, and ability of vendor to produce product or service, and delivery date.
- Analyzes market and delivery conditions to determine present and future materials availability. May prepare market analysis reports.
- Purchases commodities necessary for the operation of various City Schools sites and programs. Reviews requisitions and confers with requisitioning agency to determine supply requirements. Reviews bid proposals from vendors and approves awards. Prepares purchase contracts. Approves payment of invoices when required by Disbursements to reconcile exceptions.
- Oversees the maintenance of records pertaining to vendors, items purchased, purchase costs, delivery and product performance.
- Writes reviews and approves correspondence.
- Provides appropriate supervision, mentoring and professional growth and development opportunities to assigned staff. Such responsibility includes the development and implementation of professional growth plans to include keeping abreast of current developments, literature and technical sources of information.
- Plans and controls staff, and performs other human resources, finance and payroll related functions for assigned employees.
- Utilizes tact and exercises good judgement in interacting with the general public, school and central office personnel.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board's policies and the professional standards.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or university.
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) preferred.
- Five years experience in purchasing commodities and or services to include at least three years in a lead or supervisory capacity in assigning, reviewing and approving the work of buyers.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of government contracting processes and purchasing and supply chain management.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in implementation of new business process that result in significant improvements to the business.
- Proven record of significant cost reduction accomplishments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to make effective presentations.
- Proficient in the use of technical computer applications, including Oracle or other ERP applications.
- Ability to deliver, author commodity specifications and contracts, identify sources of supply and obtain competitive bids.
- Ability to analyze data and motivate and lead others.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with suppliers, associates and the public.
Meet Your Recruiter
Amateur house flipper and DIY enthusiast. Always planning my next vacation destination. Proud Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy getting to know people and finding the right career for them.