Baltimore, MD 21202 US
- Processes on demand payments, and assists with on cycle payroll runs and check printing.
- Monitor employee assignment change, updates PTO balances to ensure accuracy.
- Monitor Time Entry access reports and initiate training and access to time entry for payroll contacts and approvers.
- Assists with employee tax data changes and upload of employee data for payroll runs.
- Assists prior pay adjustment updates and payments.
- Assists with processing and remittance of deductions for savings plans.
- Validates and transfers payroll batches. Reconciles and proofs payroll output. Advises team of input errors and, where appropriate resolves errors.
- Assists schools with stipend payments and inquiries.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and nondiscrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board’s policies, and the professional standards.
- Backup for co-workers when necessary
- Other duties \ projects assigned as needed.
- Ensures the security and integrity of City Schools’ payroll systems.
- Meets established goals and objectives for assigned projects within designated timeframes.
- Provides professional and courteous service to all City Schools’ customers, including employees at all levels.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field or equivalent years of work experience. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- Five years of related payroll experience.
- Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) status with The American Payroll Association (APA) desired.
- Knowledge of union and non-union payroll processing, reporting requirements, operations, and records retention, and associated reporting requirements a plus.
- Experience with financial applications such as Oracle or a similar ERP system.
- Knowledge of payroll accounting and routine auditing practices and procedures.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to present payroll, accounting, and financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Proficient in the use of computer applications including Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Light work, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently.
- Not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions.
- Performance of this position will be evaluated in accordance with the provisions of Board policy on evaluation of personnel
Meet Your Recruiter
Amateur house flipper and DIY enthusiast. Always planning my next vacation destination. Proud Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy getting to know people and finding the right career for them.