829 E Baltimore St Baltimore, MD 21202 US
A government entity in Baltimore City has an immediate career opportunity for a financial expert to join their team. The Educational Specialist will work with partners, vendors, and other content experts to identify quality practices and resources to support and promote skills-based health education.
- Supports the planning and development of curriculum and assessments for health education
- Develops and delivers ongoing professional learning around best practices in health education
- Uses data collected to strategically support the needs of teachers and schools throughout the district
- Develops and provides appropriate guidance for schools and school leaders on best practices in health education
- Works collaboratively with a highly motivated team from multiple offices and community partners to advance teaching and learning in the district
- Manages budget and monitors expenditures for grants and general funds
- Stays up to date on current research and best practices in health and physical education content, pedagogy, and adult learning
- Seeks competitive funding opportunities to advance health and physical education in the district
- Keeps the Coordinator of Health & Physical Education and the Director of Science, Health, and Physical Education abreast of all matters related to health education
- Master's degree in Education or a related field from an accredited college or institution.
- A valid Maryland State Department of Education teaching certificate; Advanced Professional
- Certificate preferred; certification in PK-12 Health Education required; certification in PK-12
- Health & Physical Education preferred Administrator I endorsement preferred, CHES credential preferred
- Three years of teaching experience in health education
Meet Your Recruiter
Amateur house flipper and DIY enthusiast. Always planning my next vacation destination. Proud Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy getting to know people and finding the right career for them.