East Case, MD 21202 US
A government entity in Baltimore City has an immediate career opportunity for an experienced procurement expert to join their team. The Senior Purchasing Agent/Buyer performs a broad range of duties in connection with the timely purchase of supplies, equipment and services to support the on-going operation of schools and offices.
- Prioritizes the execution of purchase orders, purchase requisitions and evaluates purchase requests to ensure proper pricing and vendor selection.
- Ensures supplier's compliance for assigned commodities with pricing templates that are loaded and maintained on eCommerce website. Buyer ensures supplier's compliance with contract terms and conditions, on-time delivery, quality and resolves pricing and invoice discrepancies.
- Prepares, distributes and evaluates public bids and requests for proposals for materials and services.
- Assists and advises schools in Enterprise purchasing activities.
- Investigates and resolves problems between agencies and vendors concerning the provision of commodities and services.
- Receives and processes requisitions for purchasing requirements of schools and officers.
- Creates and issues purchase orders resulting from the procurement process.
- Maintains files and databases used in the procurement process.
- Performs and promotes all activities in compliance with equal employment and non-discrimination policies; follows federal laws, state laws, school board policies and the professional standards.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, marketing or a related field. Degree must be from an accredited college or institution.
- C.P.P.B. with the Universal Public Purchasing Certification Council (UPPCC) is required within three years of hiring.
- Four years' experience in purchasing commodities and services.
- Experience with eCommerce suite applications such as Ariba, SAP or Oracle.
Meet Your Recruiter
Amateur house flipper and DIY enthusiast. Always planning my next vacation destination. Proud Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy getting to know people and finding the right career for them.