Annapolis, MD 21401 US
- Cleans classrooms, offices, gymnasiums, halls and stairs.
- Cleans, sanitizes and supplies restrooms and locker rooms (where included in facility).
- Collects trash and recyclable materials from classrooms, shops, offices, restrooms, and grounds; transport and dispose in proper containers.
- Dusts and polishes furniture, i.e. chairs, tables, desks, and shelves.
- Sweeps, dry mops and wet mops floors.
- Operates powered equipment to scrub and buff floors; vacuum; spot clean and apply & extract cleaning solutions to carpeting.
- Washes windows, display cases, walls, woodwork, and venetian blinds.
- Cleans and maintains a variety of other surfaces. For example, baseboards, doors and trim, drinking fountains.
- Responsible for checking all door locks and window latches; secures building after end of shift and sets alarm.
- Uses, cleans, and cares for power cleaning equipment and other cleaning materials and supplies according to written and oral instructions.
- Climbs and works from ladders to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Makes minor repairs to building and equipment such as replacing light bulbs and ceiling tiles and performs other light preventive maintenance tasks and reports major building and equipment deficiencies needing repair.
- Assists with delivering and unloading instructional and custodial supplies from delivery trucks as needed, delivers to storage or other facility locations as instructed.
- Moves furniture and other heavy objects and transports as needed.
- Operates power equipment to cut grass; trims shrubbery, rakes and bags leaves as required.
- Clears snow and ice from walkways; sands walkways, steps and landings to provide a safe passageway. Ensures entryways are dry and safe.
- Must attend all mandated training classes.
- Responsible for knowing the employee handbook, policy and procedures for particular work location.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of the background and fingerprinting process (external candidates only).
- High School Diploma or GED certificate preferred.
- Must be able to understand and follow oral and written instructions provided in English.
- Ability to operate custodial and grounds care equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the methods and practices of custodial work.
- Ability to work overtime or weekends and respond to call to work in advance of regular hours for weather events and other emergency situations.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Meet Your Recruiter
Born and raised in Baltimore. If I’m not at an Orioles, Ravens, or Wizards game, I’m probably at home cheering for them. I truly believe opportunity is all anyone needs to succeed – just like Kennedy services did for me. As a Project Manager, I enjoy giving the people of Maryland an opportunity to grow as an employee and a person.