Baltimore, MD 21202 US
A government entity is looking for a detail-oriented accounting professional to assist its accounting department. The Assistant Accountant performs a variety of moderately complex accounting clerical tasks in support of accounting, budget, and/or business management functions.
- Compiles, assembles, and prepares financial reports, statements, statistical and fiscal tabulations and charts.
- Inputs data, record and verify details of financial transactions in journals, ledgers, and automated systems.
- Posts encumbrances, expenditures, revenues, deposits, disbursements, fee charges, and balances to journals, ledgers and records.
- Allocates costs to a variety of accounts according to established procedures.
- Receives and verifies monies, prepares receipts and makes deposits.
- Processes requests for monies from accounts and confirms the availability of funds.
- Reconciles and balance accounts and notifies personnel of overexpenditures.
- Examines and verifies accounts, records, vouchers, claims, invoices, payroll records, checks and supporting documentation for accuracy and conformance with established procedures and regulations, and makes adjustments as necessary.
- Makes computations for and prepare invoices and other documents.
- Contacts vendors, departmental personnel, grant recipients and others to obtain and provide information and resolve discrepancies.
- Maintain and reconcile fixed assets inventory records.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three years bookkeeping, accounting clerical or related experience.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of bookkeeping.
- Skill in performing mathematical computations.
- Skill in operating calculators, manual and automated office equipment.
- Proficient knowledge and skill in the use of computer applications such as Microsoft Office. Skill in the use of Excel or similar financial software preferred.
- Ability to recommend modifications in bookkeeping and accounting procedures.
- Ability to interact effectively verbally and in written form with other employees and the public.
Meet Your Recruiter
Amateur house flipper and DIY enthusiast. Always planning my next vacation destination. Proud Dallas Cowboys fan. I enjoy getting to know people and finding the right career for them.